I’ve been sharing my chicken salad recipe with friends for years. It’s seriously so simple to make you can hardly call it a recipe. But aren’t those the best kind of recipes?! The ones you can whip up in a moments notice, take to book club, or to feed your family on Wednesday evening after soccer practice!
I make slight adjustments to the recipe based on the season. Here’s one I’m loving for fall!
Happy Dinner ATX Chicken Salad
- 1 Organic Rotisserie Chicken shredded
- 1 Cup Organic Cabbage Mix
- 1/4 diced onion (red or green depending on preference)
- 1 Green Apple cubed
- 1/2 Anjou Pear cubed
- 4 Celery Stalks diced
- 2 TB Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 TB Primal Kitchen Lemon Tumeric Avocado Oil Dressing
- 2 TB Stone Ground Mustard
**Add Sea Salt, Pepper, Paprika and Walnuts to taste!
- Shred the entire rotisserie chicken and add chopped apples, pears, celery and onion. Stir in the wet ingredients, top with desired seasoning and serve!
- I love to enjoy this salad over Arugula, or in a Romaine lettuce boat! Our kids love it with pita bread or simply deconstructed with a fork!
Serve your chicken salad in a romaine lettuce boat or with toasted pita bread or alongside a veggie platter for a quick and easy meal!