I’ never knew this day existed before today, but yes July 24th is National Tequila Day y’all AND it’s Friday!! Woo Hoo! How are you planning to celebrate?!
My favorite way to commemorate National Tequila Day is with a Paloma ~ poolside with friends! A little sun, a little lime, a little grapefruit, orange liqueur and Topo Chico!
You can read more about the history of Tequila here if you fancy. OR just keep on scrolling down for a refreshing, clean Paloma Recipe!
Here’s What You Need For a Pitcher:
- 2 Large grapefruits
- Silver tequila:: I love LALO!
- 7 Medium Limes
- Grapefruit flavored Topo Chico
- Orange Liqueur:: I love El Naranjo or O3
- Sea salt flakes for the rim if you fancy–I usually skip as the extra salt makes me puffy 🙂
My one rule is you must use fresh citrus juice over buying store made juice! The juice from fresh citrus really provides the clean, vibrant, light taste!! It’s totally worth it!
Pitcher of Paloma’s by Happy Dinner
- 10 oz Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 5 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 8 oz Blanco Tequila about 6 shots
- 3 oz Orange Liqueur 2-3 shots
- Top with 1-2 bottles of Grapefruit Topo Chico
- Juice your citrus fruits and add to a medium pitcher. Add in the tequila and orange liqueur and stir to combine. Top off with Topo Chico. Garnish each glass with a grapefruit wedge and sea salt, add ice and enjoy!!
Don’t forget the food!! Chips, Salsa and salad are my favorite things to nosh with a Paloma!
Stay hydrated as well! For every cocktail you enjoy, make sure you wash it down with a glass of water y’all!! No one wants to wake up with a headache in the morning!!