With the start of the Holiday season comes a whole lot of extra sugar! If you need a quick way to ramp up your greens try this salad!
This Kale Salad is plant based, energizing, super easy and yummy! Thanks to the fiber rich lentils, and healthy fat it’s NOT one of those salads that leave you hungry minutes later!
The hearty leaves of the kale save really well so you can easily make this salad on a Monday and continue to eat it for the next two to three days! Yay for #masonjarlunch
If you find you need an extra dose of protein this salad is great with shredded chicken, an avocado or a fried egg on top!
Nourishment has never been so easy!!
Kale Salad by Happy Dinner
Fall inspired salad full of fiber and fat!
- 4 C Tuscan Kale shredded
- 3/4 C Black Lentils rinsed, soaked and cooked according to pkg
- 1 C Cucumber chopped
- 1 C Cherry Tomato halved
- 1/2 Pear sliced thin
- 1/4 C Red Onion minced
- 1/4 C Thai Basil rough chopped
- 1/4 C Maracona Almonds
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
Celtic Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- Shred the kale and pour 3 tbsp of EVOO over the lettuce. Give the kale a good massage with your hands before you add the chopped ingredients. The massage with oil softens the hearty kale leaves creating a delicious salad!
- Add the chopped items, toss thoroughly and finish with red wine vinegar, salt & pepper