Our breakfast plans for Valentines day are set and we can’t wait to wake up and enjoy this baked, chocolate oatmeal on the day of LOVE.
Zia and I whipped this recipe up in minutes, and man was it hard to resist diving in after dinner. That is the one and only downside to prepping breakfast the night before. The temptation to enjoy it for dessert instead :).
I digress!!!–Back to Valentines Day breakfast!! If you need something quick and delicious, that you can prepare ahead of time and is easily reheated, this is it!!! Grab ONE bowl , heat your oven to 375 and get started!
Thx @eatingbirdfood for the recipe & inspiration!
Y’ALL know I pretty much adapt every recipe I try, and I adapted her recipe a tiny bit too. Banana + Chocolate + Peanut Butter is the way to my family’s ♥️ so of course I had to use our key ingredients for Valentines Day.
Gluten Free Baked Chocolate Oatmeal
- 8×8 Pan
- 2 Cups Organic, Sprouted, Gluten Free Oatmeal I like One Degree Organic
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp PB Fit Peanut Butter Powder omit for nut free
- 2 tbsp Cashew Butter (melted) sunflower seed or coconut butter for nut free
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil melted
- 2 Scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Can omit. It simply adds extra collagen protein and does not effect the taste or texture
- 1 Banana Ripe
- 1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- 2 Pastured Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips * I used Hu Kitchen *You will also need a handful to scatter on top
- 1 Cup Sliced Strawberries To outline the baked oatmeal once cooked through
- Simply grease your 8×8 pan with cooking spray.
- Grab your large bowl. Smash the banana and mix with melted nut butter, oil, vanilla, cocoa powder, collagen and egg. Add in the oats & milk and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate gems and pour the batter into your 8×8 pan. Scatter extra chocolate chips on top and bake for 35-40 min @ 375
- Serve with fresh sliced strawberries and coconut yogurt. Enjoy!